Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lacking spiritual hunger: more blessed than u know.

This post started out as a tweet... and then grew waaay too long (don't u hate that?). So it turned into a post- even better. :)

"For whoever has, to him more will be given and he will have in abundance. But whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him."

This is one of those verses that is fully loaded! I feel like I could read this verse every day for a year getting new insight and perspective every day. Here's what struck me this morning...

"For whoever has, to him more will be given" If you have spiritual hunger, you will be given food. If you desire- you WILL be filled! ("and he will have abundance") 

However, more often than not- I am not one of those extremely blessed people! I think the biggest struggle in my spiritual life is lack of hunger. So, you may think it odd, but this next verse encouraged me greatly...

"But whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him." If you lack spiritual hunger or desire for God, soon even the knowledge of what you lack will be taken from you. You will forget that you have no hunger. You won't be able to tell that you lack anything! Let alone the importance of whats missing. This is a very dangerous position to be in, for there is little hope for the one who does not know he is spiritually dying, apart from divine intervention.

  So, here's why I am so encouraged: I know that I lack spiritual hunger! That knowledge has not been taken away from me. I am blessed! I can cry out for the Lord to fill my lack, to give me hunger. Then when I have hunger, I am assured- He will give me food, an abundance of it!  

  Therefore, when you realize your great lack in an area of your spiritual life, count yourself blessed! God has given you that knowledge for a purpose- to cry out to Him to fill up your lack. But often times the warning comes softly, as a whisper, or a slight hunch that you are growing lazy and dull in your pursuit of the Lord. If you do not take violent action upon that slight hunch, soon even that will be taken away from you.

Oh Lord, let that never be!

Keep running!
LM

No comments:

Post a Comment