Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day (off) in the life and thoughts from Jeremiah

My dear girls,
Sometimes days off are like a peaceful meadow in the midst of a stormy sea.... or in other words, a chance to sleep in between weeks of stressful touring and over night drives.
Other times, namely when you're expecting a good day of studio time and your producer texts you and says he has to re-boot his computer and take the day off, you feel kind of lost... And then you make the most of it... With Christmas shopping!
I started out the day by getting up super early to read my bible and talk to my Lord before leaving for the studio. Then we didn't have to leave so I hung out in the hotel breakfast room for an hour or so and dug into some Revelation.


Then... coffee and more bible study at our friendly neighborhood Starbucks. (They really are friendly here in Knoxville. We've only been here twice and the barista already gave me a cheerful, "Hello again!") This time I spent some time with Jeremiah. A couple verses in the first chapters of this book just moved my heart so much the last few days...

Jer. 1:17 Therefore prepare yourself and arise, and speak to them all that I command you.
Do not be dismayed before their faces, lest I dismay you before them.

This is the Lord talking to Jeremiah. Sometimes God encourages us like, Don't be afraid! It's okay, I'm here beside you!! And other times He commands us, Do not fear! I am the LORD. Do you not believe in Me that I have your back? (that's my own way of putting it btw :)
I need to remember the command to be bold and speak without fear.


Jer. 2:1 I remember you, the kindness of your youth, the love of your betrothal,
when you went after Me in the wilderness, in a land not sown.

Someday we will be with Jesus. We will love Him perfectly. We will have no pain, no sorrow and our joy will be complete. That will be wonderful. But right now, I believe there is nothing that moves the Lord's heart like a wounded, lonely, crying child that says, "Lord, I LOVE You in my heartache! I will go after You in the wilderness!" Now is the only time in our existence that we can love the Lord in the midst of the pain and sorrow. What an opportunity! Let's not waste our tears, let's move the Lord's heart.


After coffee, we did a lil shopping. Ended up in a HUGE used bookstore called McKays.

And there we were! Right behind ol' Steven. There weren't any actual disks. (they probably go like hotcakes... very hot commodity.)


I didn't get any presents but I did find... Oh! My favorite group- Point of Grace's remix album. I remember borrowing this from my friend, Jamie, years ago. I always loved the remix of "Gather at the River" way better than the original.



After shopping it was time to refuel. This is my FAVORITE thing in the world of nutrition. Bolthouse Farm juices. Make note of this, ladies! You can find them cheapest at Walmart or Super Target. They will make you happy. :)


Then back to the hotel to work on lyrics.
Trying to write about justice...


Maybe a Jimmy Stewart movie about Nazi Germany on TCM will help... (wish I was HER!)


Ending the day with pizza...
Which I skipped out on for a work out! Happy girl.

Days off are great. But can't wait to get back to work.

I love you all! Stand for justice and love Jesus in the wilderness. Let me know if you need prayer. I still need some lyrics... so prayers would be appreciated! :)

LM

11 comments:

  1. i'm going running now (a lovely december day!) and will probably listen to some of those POG songs:-) but the most inspirational songs are rock n roll for running hard:-)

    prayin for you!
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I could recommend a good rock&roll band that'll make ya sweat... :)
    LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post kind of reminds me of the sermon I heard today on community, and how important it is to have people we are vulnerable with. It would seem that when I, as well as others, are vulnerable and in the wilderness, all the more need for community and to pray for one another.

    I pray that the recording and lyrics process goes well and that God is able to speak through your guys' music in an incredible way that illuminates God even more than one could have imagined. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Amber! Pr. 27:17- As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. We NEED each other. We were not created to go it alone. I love and greatly need support from Godly friends.

    Thank you so much for praying!!!
    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lovely!

    God has also been teaching me sooooooo much about loving Him in the wilderness. It's not always easy, but so so good!

    This verse is speaking to my heart a TON lately!

    Psalm 46:5
    "God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved. God will help her when morning dawns."

    What a promise! Love you dear!! and I will be praying for you, all of you!

    xoxoxo,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. also. I MISS POINT OF GRACE!!!! Gather at the River was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good, Alex! God is IN us and we will not be moved!
    Thanks for praying!!!

    Did you ever go see POG when they were at the camp in Alex? it was a while ago-so fun. I loved that group.

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well there you go again, saying exactly what I need to hear! I am leaving in July for an 11 month missions trip. I will at times be preaching at churches or for whole villages. And I am honestly scared out of my mind about that part of the trip but also stoned because I know God will show up and give me the words. Jeremiah 1:17 is an awesome verse in light of this, though. I am not out there speaking my own words but His Word. I'm not promoting myself but Him.

    Also, Point of Grace was my gateway to Christian music. They were all I listened to in 5 grade. Haha Aaaaaand kudos on choosing working out over pizza! I work at a pizza place so I usually choose working out along with pizza. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like even though we are commanded not to fear; to have no confidence in our own flesh forces us to depend wholly and completely on the Lord to come through. It's a great place to be!!
    Ha ha! I worked at DQ 5 years! I can turn down a pizza as easy as pie but ice cream is my jam! Oh well, good way to learn discipline, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the eyeshadow you're wearing in the pic w/ the juice!Could please tell me what brand and shade that is?

    ReplyDelete