Thursday, November 22, 2012

Things I'm (really) thankful for.

Well, I don't want to list the obvious... because it's obvious. But I do like to remind myself around this time of year (not just one day and it should be more often!) of things that seem hard, but are really making me strong.
  So here's the mental list I came up with out on my run this morning. In the freezing wind. I just couldn't stay in... not with all that turkey coming up.

1. my conscience.
   Ps. 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
                              Try me, and know my anxieties; 

                               And see if there is any wicked way in me,
                            And lead me in the way everlasting.


2. That I never have to struggle with guilt. 
  Rom. 8:21 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus
                    who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

3. That I don't always get along with my brothers, because I'm learning the #goldenrule for real.
       Luke 6:31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

4. That I have a little sister who knows more about the Lord than I do, because I am consistently being  provoked to seek harder. 
   Pr. 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

5. That I have a body-type that makes me work suuuuper hard to stay in shape! Otherwise I would never to anything athletic or hardcore (like a 4miler on thanksgiving morning in the biting winds of Minnesota!)

6. Fans. Because of you, I am forced to socialize every night when I would otherwise probably be a stay-at-home mom of some sort, never leaving the house except for church and grocery shopping! And that would just be lame. (well, until it happens... cause I'm sure it will one day and it'll probably be awesome)

7. That I live in this country, at this time in history and I have ample opportunity to intercede to my generation and my leaders- both of whom are dying a slow death without God. What a privilege to be alive and pray in the next great awakening!

There is so much we have to be thankful for. But I want to challenge you not only to thank Him for the obvious today, but also the hard things that are making you stronger. 

And thanks for reading! ;)

LM 


No comments:

Post a Comment